In todays blog post I want to give you a sneak peak of the upcoming Sownloader Undelete. As some of you might know, deleted performances are not deleted directly. They are restoreable for a limited time until they actually get deleted.
A few months ago we hosted a service on Sownloader.com which let the user restore those songs. Because of its popularity we had to disable this service for an unknown period of time. The major problem with this service is that it generates a lot of requests to the official Smule server. When our server sends a lot of request within a short period of time to the official Smule servers then we get blocked by their spam protection and Sownloader won’t work for all of our users.
To wipe out this problem I’ve started working on a brand new tool called Sownloader Undelete. It will be far more powerful than our original undelete service.
Which features will be supported?
- Audio and video recover for Sing! Karaoke, Magic Piano, Guitar, and Autorap
- Automatically rendering of non rendered Smule performances
- Meta data support, such as artist, cover art, etc.
- Auto download all performances as either video, audio, or both
- Preview the performances
Which features won’t be supported?
- Does not run on Mac, Android, iOS, or Linux. It only runs on Windows 10
- MP3 converting (might be added with an update later)
How can I influence the development?
I’m still not sure about a naming convention for the downloaded songs. What kind of information do you need in the filename? Please feel free to either write a comment under this post or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your naming requirements.
How does it look?
Here is a screenshort from early development. It might change in the final version.